Ground Turkey Sweet Potato & Spinach Skillet
Ground Turkey Sweet Potato & Spinach Skillet is a healthy, one skillet meal, full of flavor and will come together in minutes on a busy evening.
- 2 tablespoons organic, unrefined coconut oil
- 1 1/2 lbs organic ground turkey
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 large sweet potato, diced in 1/4" cubes
- 1/2 poblano pepper, diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon each, sage, thyme, rosemary
- 1 handful fresh spinach (approx 1 cup)
- Salt and freshly ground black peppercorns to taste
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a skillet, melt coconut oil. Add ground turkey and cook until no longer pink. Meanwhile preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2. Add bell pepper, poblano pepper, onion, sweet potato, garlic and seasonings. Cook until tender.
- 3. Toss spinach in to wilt.
- 4. Season with salt and fresh cracked black peppercorns and sprinkle with cheese. Place in oven for 1 minute to melt the cheese.