Italian Turkey Vegetable Skillet
Another delicious Italian inspired, one-pot meal ready in minutes!
Phase 2 approved with the omission of the cheese.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 - 1.5 lbs organic ground turkey or grass fed beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 pint mushrooms, sliced
- 1 14 oz. Fire Roasted tomatoes (Trader Joes)
- 1 14.5 oz can organic no sugar added tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon each dried Italian seasoning, parsley, basil, oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 cups zucchini rounds, 1/3" thick
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup optional-shredded Swiss & Gruyere cheese (Trader Joes)
- 1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, begin to brown meat.
- 2. Add onion, broccoli, mushrooms and garlic stirring to blend. Cook for several minutes to soften vegetables slightly.
- 3. Stir in fire roasted tomatoes, tomato sauce and spices. Return to a simmer.
- 4. Add zucchini rounds and continue cooking until vegetables are tender.
- 5. Stir in halved tomatoes. Cook for 1 minute.
- 6. Portion out into individual microwaveable bowls for your busy week. Optional: top each with shredded cheese. Allow cheese to melt when meal is heated in the microwave.