Savory Southwest Turkey Soup
A deliciously fragrant, hearty soup, this savory southwest turkey soup comes together quickly and is sure to satisfy!
Sweet potato not only adds a touch of sweetness to an otherwise savory soup, they are a rich source of anti-oxidants, vitamins, minerals, and dietary fiber that are essential for optimal health and carbohydrate metabolism.
- 1 1/2 lbs organic ground turkey or chicken
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red and green bell pepper, diced
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon each cumin, smoked paprika, thyme, chipotle seasoning, Italian seasoning
- Cracked black pepper and salt to taste
- 28 oz organic, sugar-free diced tomatoes
- 8 oz. organic, sugar-free tomato sauce
- 1 small can diced mild green chilies
- 1 cup organic beef broth
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- ½ bag shredded carrots
- 1 large sweet potato peeled, diced into 1” chunks
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, basil or cilantro for garnish
- 1. In a large skillet, brown ground turkey over medium heat.
- 2. Stir in onion, bell pepper, mushrooms and celery and cooking 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender.
- 3. Add garlic, spices, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and broth. Stir well.
- 4. Add broccoli and carrots. Cover and reduce heat to simmer.
- 5. Add sweet potato in the last 10 minutes to soften but not mushy.
- 6. To serve, garnish with fresh oregano, basil or cilantro.