Tomato Basil Chicken
Tomato Basil Chicken is a simple but flavorful HCG Phase 1 recipe. Cooking with fresh herbs is the key to truly flavorful food. You could easily start a small pot of freshly grown herbs on your windowsill or a larger container herb garden for a patio. Potted herbs can be purchased at Trader Joe’s and other supermarkets and can be transplanted into several small planter containers or one larger container. Basil is a favorite herb and works well with Italian-style meals.
Multiply quantities to make additional servings for busy work nights.
- 6 oz. chicken (approximately 1 chicken breast), cubed or sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano, garlic powder, onion powder
- Salt, pepper, and a dash of cayenne to taste
- 1 cup Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 3 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1. Lightly brown chicken in non-stick pan with lemon juice.
- 2. Add garlic, onion, spices and water.
- 3. After the chicken is cooked, stir in fresh tomatoes and basil. Cook for additional 10 minutes.